Tuesday, October 2, 2012

ScrapLounge October Technique Challenge

The ScrapLounge technique for October is textured backgrounds introduced by Crece with a beautiful layout of an owl so check it out. It is also Breast Cancer Awareness month so the colour focus is pink. We are a bit short on pink subjects in my family so it was suggested I should scrap myself so I am really putting myself out there for all to see.
I started by using a thick Gesso covering on the cardstock and covered it roughly with a lovely rose patterned serviette with a scrunching technique. I then added several different layers on top and realised I had covered most of it so I cut out some additional roses and layered them under where the photo is.  The plain pink cardstock on the right has been embossed with a butterflies using the Cuttlebug. I have added a selection a pink ribbons in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness.  The vintage clock is from Scrapmats
and the cute pink cameo from Purple Pumpkin. Some Kaiser bling and roses complete the project.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I Love this layout-so pretty!!